Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Random Notes On Shopping

Here are some random shopping related observations:

Re Ala Moana:

-Note to kiosk owners, if you are selling a straightener and your kiosk smells like burning hair, I do not "want to try". This will likely not change so please stop asking.

-Is it just me, or is Abercrombie & Fitch a vapid wasteland of excess? Seriously, what is it with the inappropriately loud music, excessive perfume and shirtless sales people at the door. It's almost cartoonish. It would almost be cool or like an SNL skit if they had a hot dog vendor up front so all the senses could be covered.

Re Sam's Club:

-So I was at Sam's Club the other day and was near the prepared food section. They sell sushi there in assorted varieties. All of the little containers of sushi are clearly marked in bold black lettering. There was California Roll, Furikake and one that read Tuna of the Sea. I saw this and thought to myself, yeah, what other kind of tuna is there? Then I thought, oh well there is *that* kind. And finally I thought, Sam's Club, you are sooooo seventh grade.

-Also, Sam's Club, I received your letter re the product I recently purchased from you. Thank you for the notice of possible salmonella poisoning, and for validating my paranoia about basically everything.

And one last note, Starbuck's Apple Chai is the most fantastic thing to drink when your office feels like you are working in a meat locker and you begin to lose feeling in your hands. It's like winter in liquid form.

2 comments:

furNclaws said...

preach it sistah! Amen!

Sarah said...

Word. The gospel be comin' staight at ya!